FIXED: Brace Highlight Operation misbehaving

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
tim_crouse

FIXED: Brace Highlight Operation misbehaving

Post by tim_crouse »

I have been experimenting with various settings and noticed a couple of things appeared to start misbehaving:

Brace highlighting Underline and frames quite working AND

URL Link underline has quit working. The URL link still works but no longer appears on the screen with an underline.

Best Regards
-Tim C.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Brace Highlight Operation misbehaving

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I need more info. Exact steps to reproduce would be nice :wink:
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

I am sorry I cannot provide the steps to reproduce. Being in experimenting mode I explored a lot of things.

I am running the portable x64 version.

I can say I noticed a change in the behavior of the environment dialog after a few times of going in changing settings then tapping apply then ok. The UI became laggy almost stalling for about 5 seconds or more. Then from that point forward, I would tap ok it appeared to be accepted (heard the hard drive cycle a bit) but would have to hit the ok button a second time to exit the GUI.

The way I fixed the situation was to reinstall the app. But I learned something else. I accidentally installed it to the wrong location, I had mistakenly installed it one directory up from where I actually wanted it. Prior to noticing this, I made a few changes to the theme colors. Things were working fine but then when I moved the folder to the actual location I meant to originally the theme colors reverted to the original settings, I thought that was odd considering it is the portable version. So as a precaution, I wiped it and reinstalled it to the desired location.

I wish I had better information to reproduce. Is there any log file I can grab from the deleted directory (recycle bin) that may help shed some light on the situation?

(not attempting to bad mouth the app at all here. I think it's a pretty cool tool, love the UI).

Best Regards
-Tim C.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Maybe you could send me the settings file (RJ TextEd\TextEd.ini), from the installation that caused most issues?
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

I believe I found the brace not highlighting issue.

As mentioned previously in another post when I zoom in using the mouse scroll wheel the editor switches to the alternate font for some reason.

When the alternate font is active the brace highlighting feature does not work. As soon as I toggle back to the primary font via Ctrl+= the brace highlighting works.

Hope this helped, Best Regards
-Tim C.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Thanks!

It seems to misbehave with underlining and framing, but not when only using background color.

I'll fix it!
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

One more piece of the puzzle:

I was
experimenting with fonts and went through numerous iterations of changing both the primary and alternate fonts.

And then after I had set the alternate font to courier the brace underling started working. It was not working previously but now is working and seems to be consistent.

If the situation changes I will update the post. . .