??? Paste and Replace with nothing just does it!

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
yereverluvinuncleber

??? Paste and Replace with nothing just does it!

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

If I do a global search and replace with both strings in the respective boxes and I want RJTe to highlight each change and then allow me to confirm prior to making the change - then it works well and does exactly what I want it to, each find is confirmed with a 'yes' or 'no' &c.

If the replace string is nothing or null, ie. no text, then it will just go and replace all occurrences of the search string with "" instantly, no confirmation at all. I am assuming this is not a feature.

I am still using 15.85 and I presume that the 'feature' may also be in the later version, though untested as of yet. I always run a version or two behind so I don't get burned by new bug-ettes.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RJTe Bug: Paste and Replace with nothing just does it!

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I've tried at my end but can't reproduce it.
  • If I press "Replace" - I'm prompted every time a string is found. It doesn't matter if the replace text is empty or not.
  • If I press "Replace All" - all found items are replace instantly. It still doesn't matter if the replace text is empty or not.
Is it possible that you pressed the wrong button? (Replace All instead of Replace)