DONE: Bring current document fully into view in Project panel

Make a request or discuss new features.
pjj

DONE: Bring current document fully into view in Project panel

Post by pjj »

I'm not sure if this would be fix or enhancement, so with the benefit of the doubt I'm placing it here 8)

With Project panel open, switching to another document tab highlights the file in the project files' tree... provided that its directory is open. If it isn't, nothing changes in the Project panel. However, if I RMC on document's tab that already is in the project and pick "Add to Project", its directory is being open, though the file is not being highlighted as the current one. Could you please make it so, that 1) clicking on document's tab and thus making it current always is reflected in the Project panel, so its directory is open and file is highlighted; 2) adding a file to project is always reflected in the Project panel, so it is immediately highlighted?

Nice to have addition would be 3) automatic scrolling of the current file into view in Project panel -- if I switch to document that belongs to the project, but this project's file tree is higher than the screen, file in Project panel is highlighted, but you need to scroll up or down to see it.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Bring current document fully into view in Project panel

Post by Rickard Johansson »

With Project panel open, switching to another document tab highlights the file in the project files' tree...
Are you sure you mean the project panel ? I can't see any highlighting in the project tree and I don't remember adding it to the program :?

The current file is highlighted in several other places though. Like the tab dropdown list...
pjj

Post by pjj »

I'm positive 8)
project-tree-view.png
project-tree-view.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
datafiles is the name of currently active document.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Done in next release (v15.82). Thanks!

BTW. This didn't work at all on my machine. Nothing was selected at all. But it's been fixed.
pjj

Re: DONE: Bring current document fully into view in Project panel

Post by pjj »

Ah, the irony! :lol:

Anyway, it works marvelously in the newest version. Tack så väldigt mycket!