Resolved: question about chm help file

Discuss any editing or program related subjects.
DerellLicht1

Resolved: question about chm help file

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Supposedly, in recent versions of RJTE, if the .chm help file is "available", it will be opened for F1 help requests instead of opening the web page.
So I have 'RJ TextEd.chm' in my RJTextEd folder, but F1 does not open that, it just goes to the web page...
I can open the .chm file itself from Explorer, so I have the correct OS support installed.
Does that help file need to go somewhere else?? Maybe in a folder in the config directories??

TBH, I'm perfectly happy going to the web page for help, I'm just curious about this feature... :-D
Last edited by DerellLicht1 on 14 Feb 2023 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
pjj

Re: question about chm help file

Post by pjj »

I can open mine alright, provided it is located in \Users\pjj\AppData\Roaming\RJ TextEd\help\RJ TextEd.chm Please check your path and filename (before it was called TextEd.chm).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
HSeldon

Post by HSeldon »

If you have the portable version, it belongs in the RJTextEd\Help folder.
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

pjj wrote: 13 Feb 2023 18:30 I can open mine alright, provided it is located in \Users\pjj\AppData\Roaming\RJ TextEd\help\RJ TextEd.chm Please check your path and filename (before it was called TextEd.chm).
Okay, that answers my question... it goes in the config directory, not in the program directory...
That's not where I would have thought to put it, but it works...
Thank you...