DONE: MPAD Request: Modal Search Box

Make a request or discuss new features.
yereverluvinuncleber

DONE: MPAD Request: Modal Search Box

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Copied this from the MPAD main thread. Unsure where to post MPAD requests so I have preceded the request with MPAD so it is distinct from any RJTextEd request. If this is now in the wrong place then do please let me know the correct location.

-oOo-

MPad is gorgeous. Starts up very quickly, is very configurable and has the functionality that Context had, results so far from brief testing/config.

The only obvious thing still missing for me is the modal search box. As I work mainly on laptops with smaller screens, opening multiple windows, my editor is often positioned with the bottom slightly off screen with the main viewing area in the middle. Every time I press CTRL+F to search I expect the modal search to pop up as it has done in every IDE I have ever owned since the QB4.5 days. I won't be able to operate with the search at the bottom so, hopefully, you'll tell me a config option to alter that or perhaps that could come back at some point? For me, modal pop up on search is the default, having become used to it for over 24 years now. Search at the bottom is new-fangled and rather strange and seems only suitable for larger screen types.

I have MPad in my dock now and I will be using it alongside Context and reporting any quirks or differences that impact usage negatively. So far in brief usage, none found. The improvements over Context are significant, the document map being the most obvious at the moment.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: MPAD Request: Modal Search Box

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Added in version 1.10.
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: DONE: MPAD Request: Modal Search Box

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Perfect, really quick and your turnaround is amazingly quick.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/