FIXED? Syntax-Editor: White text on white background

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
micha_he

FIXED? Syntax-Editor: White text on white background

Post by micha_he »

My Syntax-Editor use white text-foreground on white background, so I can read it only, if they is marked.

New Ini or new RJTextEd-appdata-folder not help. I don't remember reconfiguring anything. This is how he looks:
SyntaxEditWrongColors.jpg
SyntaxEditWrongColors.jpg (31.57 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

Maybe a problem with Windows 7 ?

Edit: It looks like ! Same config and same Install-files copied to another Win10-system are worked there.
pjj

Re: Syntax-Editor: White text on white background

Post by pjj »

micha_he wrote: 17 Mar 2022 09:06 Maybe a problem with Windows 7 ?
Maybe, but I'm on Windows 7 and it looks normal at my end.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
micha_he

Post by micha_he »

I've done a second test on the Win7-system, with a new downloaded V15.47 portable.
Here's the background of the syntax-editor-window always black and didn't follow the theme selection.

On Win10 the theme of the syntax-editor follow the theme-selection... Often but not always :-(
pjj

Post by pjj »

This is more complicated than simply picking a theme -- there is also "Program style", that plays some role (and also possibly "Panel style"). I monkeyed a bit with both these variables and got empty menus, as seen on the picture, both on Windows 7 and Windows 10 machine:
menu.png
menu.png (21.74 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
I picked Windows 11 Light theme and Windows10 Green program style (panel style is probably irrelevant here). With these settings Syntax editor works fine, though.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Fixed the theme issue for external tools, e.g. Syntax Editor, in the next release (v15.48?). Thanks!