single-line copy/delete operations - is this doable?

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
DerellLicht

single-line copy/delete operations - is this doable?

Post by DerellLicht »

I've been using MultiEdit for many years now, but it hasn't been supported since 2008, so I've been looking for a new editor. I edit almost entirely C/C++.

One thing MEW did, which I'm just accustomed to, is that if cursor was on a line and nothing was highlighted,
Control-C just copied the line, and Control-X deleted the line. This is a very common operation for me to do... but by default RJ TextEd just does *nothing* on those keystrokes, if nothing is selected.

Is there some way set it to handle line operations like this?? So far, I don't see anything relevant in the options, but admittedly there are alot of places to look, and I haven't seen everything yet!! I'm hoping someone here can point me at the relevant option...

pjj

Re: single-line copy/delete operations - is this doable?

Post by pjj »

Menu Environment > Options; Options modal window appears, with search box on top. You write "copy" and hey presto, single entry "General --> Copy single line to clipboard if nothing is selected" shows up. You click on it (or just press Enter) and are transferred to the appropriate option. You select it, click OK and from now on current line is copied to clipboard if nothing is selected. And the moral of this story? Use search in Options window :wink:
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

DerellLicht

Post by DerellLicht »

Oh My !!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!

I've never even *heard* of search in the options dialog, what an amazing thing... definitely useful, when sooo many options are present.
Thank you!!

pjj

Post by pjj »

DerellLicht wrote:
30 Jul 2020 15:27
Oh My !!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!
Very cool indeed!
DerellLicht wrote:
30 Jul 2020 15:27
I've never even *heard* of search in the options dialog, what an amazing thing... definitely useful, when sooo many options are present.
It's a standard solution e.g. in all major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

DerellLicht

Post by DerellLicht »

Gosh, I wish PsPad had had that, with its dozens of long menus, followed by the massive random-access menu where all the obscure stuff was dropped...

I'm glad I found RJTE

pjj

Post by pjj »

I dumped PsPad 11 years ago and never looked back ;)