issues with syntax-hiliting elements

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
DerellLicht

issues with syntax-hiliting elements

Post by DerellLicht »

Establishing context:
There are three ways to set colors, in the Select Colors:Color wheel dialog:
1. click within the color wheel
2. use the red/green/blue scroll bars
3. type in the hex value that you want to use

Methods 1 and 2 work fine... however, I am wishing to set my own target colors, based on a theme from some other editor.
Thus, method 3 is exactly what I want to use - except that it doesn't work. I can happily type in the hex value, but nothing that I do, actually causes the dialog to use that value!! I tried Tab, Enter, Add, etc; *none* of them actually use that value.

So I've been stuck with carefully setting the rgb values individually using the scroll bars, which is *far* from ideal.
Is there some way to make that text-entry field actually usable?

(I'm using release version 14.51, 64-bit, on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit)

pjj

Re: issues with syntax-hiliting elements

Post by pjj »

DerellLicht wrote:
26 Jul 2020 17:11
Yes, just hit Shift+Enter. Yes, I know this isn't intuitive -- and I can vaguely remember recently posted bug report (or was it a question?) in this regard.

(I have moved your thread to imho more appropriate board, since the same window is used in the editor to set colors.)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Actually, I think hitting just <Enter> is enough. I might be wrong. The color selection window is used in several places and there may be a situation where it doesn't work and you need to use Shift+Enter.

pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote:
26 Jul 2020 18:17
Actually, I think hitting just <Enter> is enough. I might be wrong.
I think you're right and Enter will, in fact, do. However, it's still not very intuitive. Are there any reasons it couldn't work on blur event? And if you find it to be too extreme in some cases, a hint would be in place, methinks.

Btw, while tinkering with the Select Color input box I found out that if alpha transparency is used, e.g. #9ab3768b, you can't change it to #9ab376 with Enter nor Shift+Enter.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

DerellLicht

Post by DerellLicht »

Rickard Johansson wrote:
26 Jul 2020 18:17
Actually, I think hitting just <Enter> is enough. I might be wrong. The color selection window is used in several places and there may be a situation where it doesn't work and you need to use Shift+Enter.
No, Enter by itself did nothing...

DerellLicht

Post by DerellLicht »

pjj wrote:
26 Jul 2020 17:55
DerellLicht wrote:
26 Jul 2020 17:11
Yes, just hit Shift+Enter. Yes, I know this isn't intuitive -- and I can vaguely remember recently posted bug report (or was it a question?) in this regard.

(I have moved your thread to imho more appropriate board, since the same window is used in the editor to set colors.)
HAH!!! Yes, that works beautifully!!
ummm... true, not entirely intuitive, but I'll take it!! Thank you!!!

pjj

Post by pjj »

Great, I'm glad it worked for you :-D