FIXED: Dead files in project tree

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
pjj

FIXED: Dead files in project tree

Post by pjj »

If there are files in the project tree, that are deleted/renamed outside of editor, they are shown with directory icons; clicking on them doesn't bring "missing file; remove from project?" dialog box.
project tree bug.png
project tree bug.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 336 times
In the screenshot above add-*.* files don't exist anymore. Removing them invokes dialog box, in which they're called "folders". (This bug is quite old one.)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Dead files in project tree

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Fixed in next release (v14.60). Thanks!

pjj

Re: FIXED: Dead files in project tree

Post by pjj »

I don't want to start a new thread, so let me ask here: how exactly is it going to work? I installed the first beta and just opened a project containing "dead files". They're still there, with folder's icons, and double click doesn't do anything, just like it was before. OK, not literally anything, it changes the icon from "folder open" to "folder close", but I expected some more action :wink: I suppose yesterday late evening, just after installation, I saw a modal window with expected message and dead file was removed from the project tree, but I can't remember details of it nor repeat the action.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I think that's because your project has already been saved with the dead files as "folders". So the editor doesn't know that they are dead files.

The changes should prevent that from happening and remove dead files when you open a project.

pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote:
17 Jul 2020 11:32
I think that's because your project has already been saved with the dead files as "folders". So the editor doesn't know that they are dead files.
But it could check it on double click, couldn't it?
Rickard Johansson wrote:
17 Jul 2020 11:32
The changes should prevent that from happening and remove dead files when you open a project.
So it is not a retroactive change, so to speak. OK. Thank you for the change and the explanation!