HOW TO ADD INSTALLED SYNTAX TO GUI

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
tim_crouse

HOW TO ADD INSTALLED SYNTAX TO GUI

Post by tim_crouse »

I noticed there are many Syntax highlighters installed but I cannot figure out how to enable them so they appear at the various locations in the GUI so I can use them.

If someone has a moment could you share that info with me? I looked in the help but was unable to find that information.

I am currently running win x64 portable v16.16

Best Regard
-Tim C.
pjj

Re: HOW TO ADD INSTALLED SYNTAX TO GUI

Post by pjj »

Environment > Add-ons > Highlighters
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

That list that comes up has many highlighters that are not appearing in the main GUI.

For example, I see "SQL" as an installed highlighter but it does not appear in the editor drop-down list, nor does it appear in the new file creation tree.

Also went to options>> Highlight and Margins and the SQL syntax is not available as a current highlighter choice.

Thanks
-Tim C.
pjj

Post by pjj »

Have you switched them on and added file extensions? Do it and these languages chosen by you will appear.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

I am not tracking, what do you mean by "Switched On"?

Thank You
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

When I access the highlighters via option add-ons or thru the GUI syntax drop down picklist >> more selection
I see no toggle to enable any of the available highlighters.

Also, note that I attempted to add a file extension to the SQL syntax as "SQL" and ".sql" and the dialog accepts the entry via the add button by showing the new file extension in the list but when I close and reopen the syntax dialog there is no extension listed.

-Tim C.
pjj

Post by pjj »

There are dozens of available highlighters (and you can write your own), but you need to activate those you want to use via Environment > Add-ons > Highlighters and only then they will be available for you in the main toolbar drop down (and also in Options). In order for them to be used automatically, i.e. upon opening a file, you need to associate desired extensions in the same place. E.g. for [check] HTML you can have: .htm, .html, .xhtml and more.

And by "switch on" I meant "check the checkbox" associated with given highlighter (in the same place as above).
tim_crouse

Post by tim_crouse »

Hmm, there are no check boxes on my GUI in that dialog.

Thanks