Resolved: odd screen-shifting issue

Discuss any editing or program related subjects.
DerellLicht1

Resolved: odd screen-shifting issue

Post by DerellLicht1 »

This is another issue that's going to be hard to chase down, because it is intermittent...
For now, I just want to make note of it, and see if anyone else is seeing this issue?

I *believe* that it started with V16.10, though I'm not absolutely certain; it *is* recent, past couple of weeks or so.

What happens is, I will move the cursor over the editor, without clicking anything, and the screen shifts-right a few spaces...
It doesn't happen every time, in fact I don't know how to actually *make* it happen, but it's been happening a couple dozen times per day (I've been spending several hours per day working on software, recently). It's just often enough to be really annoying!! It doesn't actually edit the file, it just shifts the screen.

I haven't seen this in any other application...

Has anyone else seen this effect??? Any ideas on what might cause it?
Last edited by DerellLicht1 on 26 Jan 2024 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: odd screen-shifting issue

Post by Rickard Johansson »

What do you mean by screen shifting right? Is the entire desktop, with all applications and taskbar, shifted right?
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

No, just the contents of the editor window (i.e., the displayed code) get shifted over... it's very strange!!
It's even *more* strange, because I cannot find any action that causes it to happen, it just does it when it feels like it...
It only started relatively recently, though. And I'm still not seeing it in any other applications...
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Thanks! I still have a ton of questions. But a screenshot, when it happens, would probably answer them all...
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 26 Jan 2024 09:22 Thanks! I still have a ton of questions. But a screenshot, when it happens, would probably answer them all...
Aye; next time it happens, I'll take after and before snapshots and pass them along...
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

HAH!! I found what causes this!! It has nothing to do with RJTE at all!!

My mouse, Logitech MX Master 2S, has a little scroll wheel on the side... I do not intentionally use that wheel, but it is right next to where my thumb sits in the mouse... that scroll wheel can be used to scroll the current screen right or left!! On most applications, it doesn't appear to do anything, but in RJTE it does what it is supposed to do...

So nevermind, I'll mark this issue as closed...