FIXED: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
DerellLicht1

FIXED: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I'm sorry to raise this topic again, but could I request a change to how NextWordNoSymbolsAction operates??
I *really* would prefer that Ctrl-RightArrow (which uses this function) jump to *beginning* of word, not *end* of word??
The current behavior is really obtuse; I don't know *any* reason why I would ever want to jump to the end of a word!!

I'm not asking for any changes to the historical NextWord function, just for this function, which you implemented for me...
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Use the new options in v16.11 instead (when released). Note that you have to switch back to the original keyboard actions for the options to take effect.
DerellLicht1

Re: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 23 Jan 2024 14:56 Use the new options in v16.11 instead (when released). Note that you have to switch back to the original keyboard actions for the options to take effect.
Yikes!! This is embarrassing, but where in the Options menus are these options?? I don't seem to be able to find them...
I *am* running 16.11 now, and have changed my key assignments back to the original functions...
vha

Re: FIXED: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Post by vha »

Just do a search for 'move' in the search box of the environment options

vha
DerellLicht1

Re: FIXED: NextWordNoSymbolsAction - tweak requested

Post by DerellLicht1 »

vha wrote: 26 Jan 2024 08:15 Just do a search for 'move' in the search box of the environment options

vha
Thank you very much, @vha !!! I searched for many other words, but 'move' didn't occur to me for some reason!!

And now the editor works *exactly* like I want it to!!