FIXED: Cruft in LS tip with function details

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
pjj

FIXED: Cruft in LS tip with function details

Post by pjj »

I have a language server running and it's doing great. I have my library of custom functions in one file, too. If this file is not open, LS doesn't scan it, so it doesn't know my functions, so understandably it displays "undefined function" message:
undefined function.png
undefined function.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
When I open my library file its content gets indexed and my function is no longer "undefined", yet this very info (alongside with my function definition) is displayed:
undefined function not refreshed.png
undefined function not refreshed.png (12.07 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
While I am at it:

1) what does the "Definition", "Highlight" and "References" links should do? b/c they do nothing at my end

2) if the function in question is native one, there's a link to php.net website displayed; this link is inactive, too

3) perhaps some "library files" could be added to LS configuration (per project) so they are always indexed, regardless of them being open or not?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Cruft in LS tip with function details

Post by Rickard Johansson »

The links at the bottom is handled by the language server. The language server tells the editor it is capable of finding these items if requested. The editor doesn't know beforehand if a request will be successful or not, so it may not always work or do anything.

Paths to library files can be added in the LSP server settings dialog (paths).
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Fixed the click link issue in next release (15.91). Thanks!
pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 01 Jul 2023 13:14 Paths to library files can be added in the LSP server settings dialog (paths).
Yeah, I found it in the meantime :oops: Thank you!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus