??? odd quirk with tab colors

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
DerellLicht1

??? odd quirk with tab colors

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I've been having an odd issue with setting the tab colors for my edit windows... I typically use the theme Windows 10 SlateGray; to change the tab text color, I go to Theme Manager: Document tabs... however, none of those settings actually take effect in my editor!!

Instead, I have to switch the Theme to Windows; then I can go to Theme Manager: Document tabs: Text color, and set the color that I want... that works, setting the tab colors to whatever I want... *then* I switch the theme back to Windows 10 SlateGray, and all my other syntax highlighting colors are set back to my desired settings, but the file tab text color stays where I set it from the Windows theme...

Isn't this odd?? I mean, now that I know how to deal with it, this issue is utterly unimportant... but it's still odd... I've been observing this for some months now, but didn't want to bring it up, because our illustrious author has many important issues to deal with... but I just wanted to mention it here in passing, in case Rickard has some idea of what is going on...

In summary... the Theme Manager: Document tabs settings do not appear to have any effect on the displayed tabs...
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: odd quirk with tab colors

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I tried this with my latest build (v15.66) but couldn't reproduce it :?
DerellLicht1

Re: ??? odd quirk with tab colors

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Interesting... so if you select a theme other than "Windows", select Document tabs, and change Text color, it actually changes it??
very odd...

Okay, my suspicion is that this is related to an interaction with another program that I run, called Stardock Windowblinds...
WB is a program which lets users apply custom user-interface themes... in my attached image here, you can see the theme that I'm using (which happens to be called "Nuetron II Win 10", but this effect occurs with any WB theme in use... You can also see that I have a bright-orange color selected for 'Text color", but that the tab color is some kind of medium green. I could verify that WB is the cause, by disabling WB, but to do that I have to uninstall WB and reboot, and then later re-install and reboot, and it's not that important to me!! :(

Okay, I don't think it's worth spending any time on, given that I'm the only one seeing this effect, and I know how to change the tab color when I wish to. It's surprising that the program tabs are apparently the *only* color that WB is messing with !!

Anyway, just add it to your list of "odd things that only one user sees", and let's leave it at that. I don't consider it a problem, just an oddity.
rjte oddity.jpg
rjte oddity.jpg (103.31 KiB) Viewed 731 times