Just to ask how the print func was call to the OS in RJ TextEdit

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
Ttyy2

Just to ask how the print func was call to the OS in RJ TextEdit

Post by Ttyy2 »

Dear Author of in RJ TextEdit,
Sorry to bother you this way, actually this should be a question to microsoft but I never able to find a good answer from them and also they stopped support Win7...

A while ago I find a annoying issue of windows behavior that is "I can;t see available printer drivers from "most applications" when I need to print something, e.g. Ctrl+P" , just empty and no list of printer drivers..

until today I found that in your fine RJ TextEdit, the print function should list my printer drivers!! that is the normal thing I can't get from so many other applications as of now... So I guess your programming and "call to printer" use different approach than native ?

What's your method to call printer list idk? Any chance by your advice I can fix this seems-to-be an OS issue?

Thank you for your patience, you make best softwares for the community for sure.

Best regards,
VV
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Just to ask how the print func was call to the OS in RJ TextEdit

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Delphi has a global object called Printer, which I use. The internal function, to create a list of available printers, is using EnumPrinters() https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... umprinters.

Hope that helps...
Ttyy2

Re: Just to ask how the print func was call to the OS in RJ TextEdit

Post by Ttyy2 »

:) Thank you very much Johansson!!
I will look into that~~