Remember folding?

Make a request or discuss new features.
inspector71

Remember folding?

Post by inspector71 »

Would it be possible to remember the folding state of files between reloads and restarting RJTE?

I spend a lot of my time re-folding. It's a repetitive task that feels unnecessary.
pjj

Re: Remember folding?

Post by pjj »

You can save folding state for n latest files: Options > File > Save status for last open files > Save code folding state; below you can set n, i.e. Number of files to save status for.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
inspector71

Re: Remember folding?

Post by inspector71 »

OK, cool, thanks. Good to know it's a feature already considered.

Alas, I have had this enabled, set to 50 files and I rarely ever go through that many files. But remembered folding does not seem to work.

Bumped the number of files up to 250 but I doubt that's the issue.

I'll see how I go in that I need to filter out breakages from crashing, of which I do still experience a few but I do not want to focus on that.

OTOH, is remembering folding state meant to operate between opening, closing or reloading files ... without restarting RJTE? Or is the folding state only saved between application restarts?

Given that I use my laptop's hibernate mode extensively, restarting RJTE is rare (usually only caused by crashes or misbehaviour I can intuit is app level and will not be resolved without restarting).

Maybe that is the problem ... folding state is only rememebered between RJTE restarts and not file reloading?