dRAG'N DROP NOT WORKING?

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
ReneMiner

dRAG'N DROP NOT WORKING?

Post by ReneMiner »

i wonder why it lets me drag objects from the list into a script >> but whatever i drag into the script will not appear.
{see image)
Do i have to explicitely enable drag 'n drop for that? or is the feature simply not available yet?

and the upper part of the picture shows something from menu which happens in all windows that show thee tools-menu,
the popup is too far left, when i want to go there with the mouse, the popup closes >> so have to use keyboard here.
RJTE_DRAGNOT.jpg
RJTE_DRAGNOT.jpg (49.56 KiB) Viewed 635 times

pjj

Re: dRAG'N DROP NOT WORKING?

Post by pjj »

I don't think drag'n'drop works here nor that it should. You can use autocomplete (Ctrl+space) instead.
ReneMiner wrote:
28 Mar 2021 10:53
and the upper part of the picture shows (...)
It very well may be so, but the picture is so small I can see nothing at all :?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

ReneMiner

Post by ReneMiner »

lets see if you can see... i highlight it additional
canNotClick.jpg
canNotClick.jpg (218.85 KiB) Viewed 627 times
its simply impossible to get the pointer upon the popup and to click anything, there i can use arrow keys or use underlined chars with alt-key only

Autocomplete? means i have to tuck the code in like with a keyboard? i thought it reacts on drag and drop and the script/area does not show this symbol
NotAvailColored64.gif
NotAvailColored64.gif (152.16 KiB) Viewed 627 times
But even if i close the app, this dropdown- menu stays in place,
its difficult to click the correct splitbutton to make it disappear and it stays always in front of the script that is supposed to be in the left partition. And there is no handleso it can not be moved and no closebutton that would allow to send it with RJTE to the system tray
dropdownmenu.jpg
dropdownmenu.jpg (177.61 KiB) Viewed 624 times

pjj

Post by pjj »

I can see better now, thanks! Sadly, I still have no idea what exactly you're trying to achieve :oops: Sorry!

(Perhaps this drop-down list was interactive in some point of time; I can't remember, as I never used it, for I prefer to resort to help file.)

As for the autocomplete feature: you write e.g. "Doc", hit Ctrl-Space and autocomplete popup appears. You press enter to get "Document", write dot and hit Ctrl+Space again, so another pop-up shows up with appropriate entries. Sadly, there are no syntax tips for FS scripts, like there are for some languages (PHP, JS).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

The dropdown tree should work better now in v14.80. Double click on an item, or press ENTER, to insert value.

I can't reproduce the other issues though.