FIXED? [13.30b1] New Find/Replace window quirks

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
pjj

FIXED? [13.30b1] New Find/Replace window quirks

Post by pjj »

I like the new design, but there are two quirks I think should be ironed out:

1) text from the "find" input is copied between Find and Replace tabs, but not "Find In Files"; why is that? I guess it would be logical to copy it there (and from there), too

2) you have changed dropdowns to checkboxes to facilitate using these windows, and it proved really useful; why step back, then, with a single icon for three functions: regex help, edit and regex creator? I think it would be handier to have three icons: two next to input field (as in the old design), and one (for regex creator) perhaps next to "Regular expression" entry in "Search options" -- what do you think?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [13.30b1] New Find/Replace window quirks

Post by Rickard Johansson »

The buttons take up a lot of space when using icons. Adding several icons inside the combo box isn't easy. I haven't tried, but maybe small (narrow) buttons with just a symbol might be enough. E.g. [#], [?] ...
pjj

Post by pjj »

I think buttons with symbols will do the trick. Thank you!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
pjj

Post by pjj »

These buttons are great (but then again, I haven't expected anything other from you ;)) Thank you!