just starting

News or information.
carbon

just starting

Post by carbon »

Yes I am a newbie, but have done "lots" of research (2 years worth) and have decided to program in JS...it seems to be the most forgiving language. I almost made Python my focus of study, but it would seem python has a split personality , they can not decide to be a version 2 or 3 language. All the libraries are in 2 but they are proceeding with 3 which can not use the old libraries, the community supports 2 while the developers of python support 3, very weird. Since MS has jumped in behind JS (typescript), it has made my choice easier.

I also have done many comparisons of editors, and have tried about 15 different ones(hippoedit Webstorm,eclipse,ultraedit,sublime,editrocket, ms-vs 10 an 12, lobsteredit, komodo...ect), elimination has been a long and grueling process. For all the efforts I have done, I plan to use your editor and lobster for a backup, for my learing process. I am an audio video guy for learning, so I am using youtube (mainly : thenewboston.org) for my instruction at this point. I am only about 2 weeks into my learning which is split between my current work and home life. I have a small amount of other language history, (c and c++, small amount of python) but plan to stick with JS , I believe JS can do anything the others can, with the new JS release coming up I think they are going to take a shot as being a general program language.

I say all this so I may help you in your development of this editor, from a newbie point of view. I hope I can add some of a "beginners prospective to the mix" . I know its not much but I will post my retrospectives as I find them. I will say this , I am so impressed with your continued development of this program, it seems in the last week, I have updated it 3 times, which shows me that progress is always being made to improve this editor, its a very nice change, others seem to write and forget, even if the language changes they keep the old editor the same, this is not good, but you have taken a very proactive stance, very refreshing.

Ron