Highlighted text color-where to set

Discuss installation issues.
NItehood

Highlighted text color-where to set

Post by NItehood »

HI, I am trying to figure out where to set the highlighted text color..
I drag my mouse over a word to highlight it and it is a dark blue color and I cant read the text.. See pic..

It did not used to be this color. It was a light blue. My Laptop has the correct color, but this is from my desktop PC.

Where is this setting at?
Attachments
text.jpg
text.jpg (69.93 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

pjj

Re: Highlighted text color-where to set

Post by pjj »

Environment > Themes > Customize > Syntax Highlighting > Selection

Please notice it can be set for "all languages" at once or one by one per highlighter.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

NItehood

Post by NItehood »

Interesting... nothing seems to be assigned to that color. Keyword1 is, but changing it does nothing.

I will have to play with this more..

Thanks for the information!! Much appreciated..

text2.jpg
text2.jpg (251.9 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

pjj

Post by pjj »

NItehood wrote:
27 Feb 2022 08:01
Interesting... nothing seems to be assigned to that color. Keyword1 is, but changing it does nothing.
Perhaps it is overridden in "plain text" settings?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

NItehood

Post by NItehood »

I see the issue, just not sure the fix.

I installed RJ on my work computer and the highlight color is the same dark blue... But.. the text turns white.. My home PC it stays black and you can't read it.

pjj

Post by pjj »

I can see these colors are saved in TextEd.ini as integers (not hex codes), therefore it's not that easy to manipulate (i.e. edit) them. I think there is some kind of error in your INI file; you might want to change the theme and check if you can save colors to your liking, or not. If it still doesn't work, you could then change the name of your INI file and start RJ TE to recreate it. If you would be able to correctly change said colors with the new INI, it would mean that indeed something was wrong with your settings file.