Resolved: additions to Customize_keyboard dialog

Make a request or discuss new features.
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I have two requests which would make this dialog *much* more useful to me!!

1. Add sort functions to the headers on the listview... that would allow us to sort on Shortcut_1, so we could review (for example) all of the Ctrl assignments in one window. Right now, they are scattered across several different pages.

2. Add an option to save the entire list to a file... csv format would be perfect, because it could then be easily imported into Excel for further handling. This save operation should use the current sort order (if element 1 is implemented!!)

(NOTE: actually, if item 2 was implemented, item 1 would not be all that important to me, since I could easily pull the csv list into Open Excel (aka Calc) myself, and sort any way that I wished... however, implementing sort-on-column isn't terribly complicated in WinAPI... well, depending on what language it is written in...)
Last edited by DerellLicht1 on 05 Aug 2021 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
pjj

Re: Request: additions to Customize_keyboard dialog

Post by pjj »

DerellLicht1 wrote: 04 Aug 2021 23:05 1. Add sort functions to the headers on the listview... that would allow us to sort on Shortcut_1, so we could review (for example) all of the Ctrl assignments in one window.
You are right, that would be helpful -- but not much, honestly. Right now you can enter anything into "Find" box of that window and immediately get filtered out results. Works for me 8)
DerellLicht1 wrote: 04 Aug 2021 23:05 2. Add an option to save the entire list to a file... csv format would be perfect, because it could then be easily imported into Excel for further handling.
List of your keyboard shortcuts is contained in TextEd.kbd file, which sits in ...\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RJ TextEd\data\TextEd.kbd (not the default one in C:\Program Files\RJ TextEd\InstallData\Data\TextEd.kbd) -- it's text file and can be directly edited in RJ TE.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

pjj wrote: 05 Aug 2021 07:37 You are right, that would be helpful -- but not much, honestly. Right now you can enter anything into "Find" box of that window and immediately get filtered out results. Works for me 8)
I'll be danged... Find *does* work for 'Ctrl' as well!!
Okay, that's good enough for me...

List of your keyboard shortcuts is contained in TextEd.kbd file, which sits in ...\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RJ TextEd\data\TextEd.kbd (not the default one in C:\Program Files\RJ TextEd\InstallData\Data\TextEd.kbd) -- it's text file and can be directly edited in RJ TE.
[/quote]

And in fact, this file will work *fine* for me!! I can set the 'separator' character in Calc to = and then I'll be able to actually sort the list as I wanted to...
I will mark this issue as Resolved

Thanks, pjj ... you know, you have been superbly helpful with so many of my questions here...
I am *really* glad you hang on here regularly!!!
Many thanks from Fremont, CA, USA ....
pjj

Re: Resolved: additions to Customize_keyboard dialog

Post by pjj »

Thanks a lot for your kind words -- they're music to my ears and are greatly appreciated! :-D
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus