DONE? Problem with update and simple solution

Make a request or discuss new features.
pjj

DONE? Problem with update and simple solution

Post by pjj »

I had a strange problem with updating editor on my second machine (Win10) -- seems like downloading was started three times at once. I hit "Cancel" and couldn't do anything more. I got a message that I should try manual update and I would do that, but I couldn't find the URL of download page from withing program -- hence my request to add button "Manual update" to the update window, that would simply start browser and open relevant FossHub page.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Problem with update and simple solution

Post by Rickard Johansson »

In v15.0, and later, only minor updates and beta versions are downloaded through the update function. For major versions the FossHub page is opened in the default browser.
pjj

Re: DONE? Problem with update and simple solution

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 09 Jul 2021 11:25 In v15.0, and later
In v15.1 and later, since it worked as usual with v15.0 for me 8) And the same story: four concurrent downloads (?), only one completed successfully, and only one button to [Cancel]. Just sayin'!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus