RJ TextEd not opening up

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
Ranashi

RJ TextEd not opening up

Post by Ranashi »

I use this on a company managed machine (I do have admin rights) - I am not sure if they installed a patch recently or if something else caused this issue, however recently sometimes RJ it opens after a restart sometimes it doesn't. I haven't narrowed down to why as of yet. I turned on the debugoptions.txt - I am not getting any logging in the data folder like it isn't even launching when having the issue? Assuming the debug still outputs into the Data folder. I don't see a process running and it just not showing up in the running processes. Anything I can try to at least get some kind of debug logging to tell me what might be happening? I currently cannot get it running at all.

PS Uninstall/Reinstall did nothing and I am on the newest release.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RJ TextEd not opening up

Post by Rickard Johansson »

An antivirus issue maybe...

Other than that - I have no idea :(
Ranashi

Post by Ranashi »

hmm, ok - yeah it makes no sense on this end either I will continue to see if I can find anything that triggers it differently. Is there a cache it uses it looks to by chance? I would imagine it would create or start the debug file first?
vha

Post by vha »

Check if there is a file in "%APPDATA%\RJ TextEd\shared". If so, delete it and try launching TextED

vha
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

If the suggestion from vha doesn't work you could try to uninstall, rename the %AppData%\RJ TextEd folder and reinstall.
Ranashi

Post by Ranashi »

It is open right now and working - next time I reboot I will try this, and see if it makes a difference that file does exist at least currently.