RESOLVED: issue with column mode

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
DerellLicht1

RESOLVED: issue with column mode

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I recently wanted to delete a column of comments from a file... but ended up discovering an issue with this... this was in a C++ file.

The pulldown menu says that 'column mode' is Alt-C, but that is not correct; fortunately, the help file *does* correctly document this operation as Shift-DownArrow. Could the pulldown menu be updated to show the correct command?

This isn't a critical error, but for newbies to the editor (such as myself!) it really *is* nice for the menu-listed commands to work!!
Thank ye!!
Last edited by DerellLicht1 on 09 Aug 2021 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
pjj

Re: issue with column mode

Post by pjj »

Alt-C is column mode switch, as stated in the help (i.e. on-line):
You can enter or exit column mode by pressing "Alt + C" or selecting "Column mode" in the edit menu.
Column mode is indicated by a green rectangle in editor's status bar. Shift+Arrow can be only then used to select text in column mode, as opposed to normal mode. Column mode has more interesting features, as can be learnt from the on-line help. Please make sure to read it, if you haven't already.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so right!!

I don't know why this confused me... when I hit Alt-C, I get "column" displayed on the bottom status bar, but for some reason I simply didn't see that. And yes, *then* Shift-RightArrow works as expected...

It was *because* I didn't notice the green "column" notice at the bottom of the page, that I was confused about what the program was trying to do... sheesh...

Anyway, thank you again, pjj... you've been saving poor Richard alot of having to deal with things!!
pjj

Re: RESOLVED: issue with column mode

Post by pjj »

Thank you again for your kind words! I reckon it's a Christian deed to help out poor souls overwhelmed by the abundance of RJ TE options :-D Plus, if I or other guys here save Rickard some bother, he would have more time to enhance the editor 8)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

DerellLicht1 wrote: 09 Aug 2021 15:25 Anyway, thank you again, pjj... you've been saving poor Richard alot of having to deal with things!!
Yes, thank you pjj. I really do appreciate everything you do for us all :)
pjj

Re: RESOLVED: issue with column mode

Post by pjj »

Thank you!