Rickard, How's it going?

Discuss any editing or program related subjects.
yereverluvinuncleber

Rickard, How's it going?

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Rickard, most people here just want something from you and have expectations of prompt and efficient delivery of fixes, changes &c. Very few just turn up to say 'hello' and when they do they are normally just bots in any case.

So, I'm just here to say "hello" and to ask how is it going? We don't get much feedback from you on what you are working on, what interests you and what ails you. You may not want to answer any of these questions but that's fine.

Just to let you know that your work is appreciated.

I suppose this is just one of those American "whaaats aaaap?" but from an Englishman. Hope all is well with you and that you are making the progress you desire in the product and in general.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Rickard, How's it going?

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Thank you, i'm fine 8)

I'll try to release a minor update in a week or so to fix a few reported issues. I'm still working on the LSP Client to add language server support to RJ TextEd. All of the latest specifications are implemented and I'm currently testing the client using a simple "plain text" server (I'm writing the server as I test new notifications and request). I plan to ship the server and a simple demo app with the LSP component.

Currently the client (and server) only handles communication using stdin/stdout. When everything is working properly I'll add socket communication as well.

While testing I often realize I need to make code changes, so I'm still fixing and making improvements to the client code as I go along. I still don't know when it'll be ready for release (I'll release all code on Github when done).
yereverluvinuncleber

That sounds fantastic and a major improvement for RJTextEd.

Can I ask you some questions? Not on LSP but in general? Nothing too revealing I promise!
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

yereverluvinuncleber wrote: 11 Feb 2021 16:34 Rickard, most people here just want something from you and have expectations of prompt and efficient delivery of fixes, changes etc. Very few just turn up to say 'hello'.

So, I'm just here to say "hello" and to ask how is it going? We don't get much feedback from you on what you are working on, what interests you and what ails you. You may not want to answer any of these questions but that's fine.

Just to let you know that your work is appreciated.
I agree with the sentiment here.

I have had my share of moments where I've been at least bordering on less than reasonable but also I've tried to counteract that with appreciation when and where I can. Truth is I find forum software to be very annoying though. So that does not help. Also, the general human population appears to be very flawed, to say the least, and the interwebnets has exposed this vast issue dramatically. So, reading any of that represented in forums, as it often can be, is not emotionally tolerable for me.

Thought there was a Thank You section set up at some stage? Cannot find it just now. Ideally I reckon it would be at the board index level so it's easy to jump in and write something quickly.

I lieu of some other place, here goes.

Today, I popped in to just say something really simple, but really important to me.

Thanks for the ability to comment an entire block, when folded!

May seem like a little thing but it makes several keystrokes redundant and that's very handy indeed!
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 12 Feb 2021 18:48 Thank you, i'm fine 8)

(I'll release all code on Github when done).
GitHub? :idea:

Perhaps a slight modification of your position on open source? :o :wink:

My skills are limited but I would still much rather contribute more than the odd forum post to help the project :)
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

inspector71 wrote: 20 Feb 2022 04:27 GitHub? :idea:

My skills are limited but I would still much rather contribute more than the odd forum post to help the project :)
ummm... why exactly do you consider Github to be something less than open source?? *All* of my software is released on Github, and every bit of it is absolutely free software...
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

DerellLicht1 wrote: 24 Oct 2022 01:07
inspector71 wrote: 20 Feb 2022 04:27 GitHub? :idea:

ummm... why exactly do you consider Github to be something less than open source?? *All* of my software is released on Github, and every bit of it is absolutely free software...
I never meant anything like the inference you have read from this.

My comment was in reference to previous mentions of going open source in which Rickard was not thinking of going that way. Hence, mentioning releasing to Github - AKA going open source - was a big change. I didn't want to mention it too vehemently in case it was a fresh and delicate choice/thought :) So "slight modification".
yereverluvinuncleber

This thread is about saying thanks to Rickard.

So, here goes again. Thanks Rickard!

DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

yereverluvinuncleber wrote: 24 Oct 2022 17:42 This thread is about saying thanks to Rickard.

So, here goes again. Thanks Rickard!
Yes, INDEED !! Thank ye very much for all of your superb work, Rickard!!
May you have a joyful coming year...