FIXED: [11.20b2] Problem with fuzzy autocomplete

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
pjj

FIXED: [11.20b2] Problem with fuzzy autocomplete

Post by pjj »

Can the new "fuzzy" autocomplete be switched off? If so, how? Because it's not very helpful right now for me, I'm afraid :(

Say, I'm dealing with HTML and want to insert <span></span>. I need to write s-p-a-n to get a window with usable list -- three possible options to choose from, span being the third, so I can't just hit Enter, but before that I need to use arrow down twice (the other two options being some obscure jsp tags.) Now, try to insert <p> tag! :?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [11.20b2] Problem with fuzzy autocomplete

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I made the following change to the final version.

To activate fuzzy sorting press "F1" while the auto completion window is open.
You can press F1 repeatedly if you want to toggle between normal and fuzzy sort.
When fuzzy sorting is active the window background change to a green color.
pjj

Re: FIXED: [11.20b2] Problem with fuzzy autocomplete

Post by pjj »

Thank you! So, non-fuzzy sorting will be default one, right?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: FIXED: [11.20b2] Problem with fuzzy autocomplete

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Yes, "normal" sorting is used unless you press F1 while the completion window is open. Your choice is remembered throughout the session, but only for the current file.
It's not an option. It's a switch.

I considered having an option, but having it as an option per file type and as a switch at the same time complicates things. I think users will expect different behaviors and perhaps request other options to implement that behavior... (the editor already have way to many options)