Select word including certain characters by double click

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
Professor Bernd

Select word including certain characters by double click

Post by Professor Bernd »

Hello, I am Professor Bernd (I am not really a professor). :wink: I've been working with PSPad for a long time and for almost 2 years I've been developing an Improvement Kit that extends the AutoIt3 capabilities of PSPad. Now I got to know RJ TextEd and I really like it!

For the beginning I have some questions of course and here is already the first one.

When I double click a word, for example a variable $iMyVar, then only $iMyVar is selected. How do I set that when I double-click, certain characters are also selected?

The characters are: #$@_ (Edit: The underscore already works.)

pjj

Re: Select word including certain characters by double click

Post by pjj »

Howdy, Professor! I'm sure you'll like RJ TE even more when you know it more :-D

You can define your own set of separators at Options > Font and tabs > Delimiters for selected text. Please notice it can be done for all highlighters (=file types) at once, or per highlighter (which means you can extend double-click selection to encompass $ char for AutoIt, but still not cover it in e.g. PHP).

While we are at it, please notice that search box in Options window -- truly swell feature to help you with finding settings built into RJ TextEd!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Professor Bernd

Re: Select word including certain characters by double click

Post by Professor Bernd »

pjj wrote:
03 Apr 2021 08:44
You can define your own set of separators at Options > Font and tabs > Delimiters for selected text.
Great, that helped! As a wise man once said, "When you know how to do it, everything is easy! :P
pjj wrote:
03 Apr 2021 08:44
While we are at it, please notice that search box in Options window -- truly swell feature to help you with finding settings built into RJ TextEd!
After watching and trying RJ TE for many hours yesterday, I noticed the little window. I'm sure it's very useful. - For the above problem, it would have been useful if I knew what to look for. :wink:

My thought process was that I wanted to double click to mark certain characters additionally. But that I have to remove something from the settings first, I didn't think of that. Thanks for your hint!