Import Existing Dynamic Site

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
gw1500se

Import Existing Dynamic Site

Post by gw1500se »

I've been using an obsolete IDE for my web site and am trying RJTextEd. How do I create a new project using my already established test site source? TIA.

pjj

Re: Import Existing Dynamic Site

Post by pjj »

Project > New... opens a wizard -- just follow its steps. There are four project files, so it's a good idea to save them into separate directory (I have _rjproj inside my DOCUMENT_ROOT, where I keep these files for all my projects).

Then go to Project > Configuration... > Options and add path to your source files (in two places), and configure warnings (and perhaps other settings, too).

Now Project > Add folder... and add root folder with your files. The wizard will ask for file extensions, so add as many as you need (you will be able to add new files later, of course, and change your settings, too).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Thanks for the reply. That was certainly not obvious. However, that only got me a little further along. If I use the recent projects tab I can see my project. When I double click my project it pops up a window saying my project is old, which is not surprising since I was using a old IDE. However, when I click "Next" nothing happens. I at least expected the progress bar to start moving.

pjj

Post by pjj »

gw1500se wrote:
03 Feb 2021 20:18
Thanks for the reply. That was certainly not obvious. However, that only got me a little further along. If I use the recent projects tab I can see my project.
I don't use this tab (View > Main window tabs > Home), instead I prefer Project Manager (View > Panels > Project Manager); pretty handy.
gw1500se wrote:
When I double click my project it pops up a window saying my project is old, which is not surprising since I was using a old IDE.
Well, it is surprising, since from RJ TE's POV your project is new!
gw1500se wrote:
However, when I click "Next" nothing happens. I at least expected the progress bar to start moving.
There is no progress bar, but something should have happened (and maybe did). Please switch Project Manager on and see if your project's files are displayed there.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I can't find "Project Manager" to switch it on. But I did find the "Sites" icon on the left and that does indeed show my site files. Hopefully I don't need anything else to manage my site other than to learn how to use this app. Thanks.