Tabs-size problem

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
akari

Tabs-size problem

Post by akari »

Hi,

I want the tab size exactly 4 spaces, but sometimes when I press tab it is 2,3,4 or more spaces.

Trying to turn off Smart tab, Tab inserts spaces & Preserve tab characters still can't make it always 4 spaces.

It is a bug or I doing the wrong setting?

pjj

Re: Tabs-size problem

Post by pjj »

Switch off "Smart tab", but keep switched on "Tab inserts spaces", that should do the trick.

Nb. "Preserve tab characters" means "don't convert tabs to spaces on document open". If you prefer to always have spaces and no tabs, switch it off.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

akari

Post by akari »

pjj wrote:
22 Jul 2020 12:27
Switch off "Smart tab", but keep switched on "Tab inserts spaces", that should do the trick.

Nb. "Preserve tab characters" means "don't convert tabs to spaces on document open". If you prefer to always have spaces and no tabs, switch it off.
Thank you! Actually I got try this also, but not sure why it didn't work well, I try to reinstall and this fixes the problem.

pjj

Post by pjj »

I'm glad you managed to sort it out :)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus