TEdit - Ctrl+V paste?

Ask questions about how to create a script or swap scripts with other users.
jgodfrey

TEdit - Ctrl+V paste?

Post by jgodfrey »

I can't seem to paste text into a TEdit control via Ctrl+V, though the Paste context menu works correctly. Is this expected?

Jeff
pjj

Re: TEdit - Ctrl+V paste?

Post by pjj »

As far as I can tell -- yes. Assign Ctrl+V to PasteAction in Environment > Customize keyboard... and that'll do the trick.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
jgodfrey

Post by jgodfrey »

Thanks, but Ctrl+V seems to be already properly wired within TextEd (just as you described) and it works fine within the editor. I just can't get it to work within a scripted TEdit control.

Jeff
pjj

Post by pjj »

Right. I can't help you then, I'm afraid :? (what are we talking about, after all? do you mean Script Editor?)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
jgodfrey

Post by jgodfrey »

pjj wrote:Right. I can't help you then, I'm afraid :? (what are we talking about, after all? do you mean Script Editor?)
No, I mean a script I *created* using the script editor. My script has a form that contains (among other things) several TEdit controls. I can't paste into those controls (when the script is running) using Ctrl+V, though I can use "Paste" from the context menu (that TEdit apparently(?) provides).

Thanks anyway.

Jeff